That's what ppl can do in Unity3D by spending 10 minutes....
Would be better if u spend at at least 2 hours and did a big forest u can't fall down from....
I like this. Cute face, nice pose and interesting shapes.
But I've found 1 little mistake in your anatomy. Her front arm is too big (expecially in shoulder part) and her back is too small. Imagine how her back connects with the neck if you erase her front arm.
In following picture I've changed her back a bit to help you understand me - http://tinypic.com/r/1gsz15/8
I hope i helped you a bit. Keep up good work!
firstly i recommend you to use "Dumping Grounds" . its very useful for this kind of scrap/sketch drawings ^^
well i seem to notice that the lower half of the arm that actually looks off... in which it looks bigger compared to the upper...just a little perspective screw up
oh yeah , you re right about the back...hmm.. i knew something is not right on the armpit section but i couldn't figure out what exactly . thanks and i'll keep that in mind for a next time ^^
Nice, i like proportions. Although picture looks good it could be even better. Here are some tips (only my hole opinion):
1. Work in higher resolution (4000px x 4000px, 300 DPI). I think this is the reason i can see pixels on your lineart (i.e. crown) :D After image is done just decrease the it's size.
2. Make your lineart better: use different width of lines. You need to have pen with sensitivity for it.
3. In my opinion, your art is a bit too curvy. For example, hand which is holding a cube has weird fingers. Looks like it misses bones. Also we can see too curvy lines on trousers folds around the knees. If it is your style, ignore this.
4. You used only one type of shadows. Picture misses at least hardshadows. Again, maybe it's your style. But i still think hardshadows will make your art looks even better.
5. Use combination of hard and soft shadows (You have used only hard). I highly recommend you to spend 15-30 minutes by reading these tutorials:
Here is also very useful video tutorial about shading but not exactly what i am talking about (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtLZCfwZVcw). Although it has 40 minutes, believe me that it will worth this time.
PS: Thank you for sharing your arts. Keep it up!
Flash max res is 2600 , it cant go higher than that.
i dont use any pen sensitivity. mine works just like a mouse, only one strenght.
i know about the extra darker or brighter shadows thing..sometimes i do them, sometimes i dont...well for my flash artworks atleast. i allways do them for my photoshop ones like in http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bocodamondo/skyla and http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bocodamondo/samus
just let you know. i do 2 kind of artwork drawings when it comes to shading. some are colored with Flash like this one, wich do Allways have sharp shading as you can see above.
and others i colore with photoshop like my samus or skyla links above, those have more natural and realistic shading with sharp And soft shading combined
Hmm you still need to improve anatomy and practice drawing hands and feet. When i say improve anatomy i mean learn the way bones and muscles connect to each other. Once you understand this relationship it will be more easier to create a correct character and pose even without reference. Also try to use more levels of shading. Just keep up drawing and remember to learn new things!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.